Who are we?
Privilee is the UAE’s & Qatar's ultimate lifestyle membership, offering our Members unlimited access to five-star beach resorts, pools and state-of-the-art fitness facilities. Privilee was created to allow people to live a life beyond the ordinary, to explore and create amazing experiences. We believe that it is with truly passionate people that we can fulfil our ambitions to grow our product and our member base across geographies.
We're seeking a DevOps Engineer specialised in crafting and managing continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines. This role requires expertise in both development and operations, spanning responsibilities from architectural design and coding to deployment, infrastructure orchestration, and maintaining our CI/CD tools. The ideal candidate should demonstrate strong communication skills, crucial for facilitating collaboration among diverse teams and bridging organisational gaps. As an advocate of DevOps principles and CI/CD, this individual will guide our software engineering teams, fostering a dynamic DevOps culture.
- Architectural Oversight: Design and maintain scalable, efficient, and secure system architectures.
- Coding and Scripting: Actively engage in writing and refining code to enhance the platform’s offering.
- Code Quality & Review: Lead and participate in code reviews to maintain a high standard of code quality.
- DevOps and CI/CD Advocate: Lead the way in embracing emerging technologies and methodologies, emphasising comprehensive communication and process improvements within the team.
- Collaboration: Work closely with stakeholders to ensure solutions meet business requirements.
- Operations: Oversee system performance, availability and security, recommend and execute enhancements when needed, manage incidents, and conduct thorough root cause analyses and post-mortem evaluations.
- System Administration: Handle server provisioning, database deployment, security monitoring, and network management, in various environments, applying Infrastructure as Code (IaC) principles.
- DevOps and CI/CD Tools Proficiency: Command a variety of DevOps tools essential for infrastructure setup, product operation, monitoring and testing and deployment orchestration.
- Configuration Management: Employ automation tools for system administration tasks, ensuring consistent and reliable system updates and deployments.
- Containerisation and Deployment Expert: Manage application packaging and deployment, utilising container technology and orchestration systems, ensuring releases meet quality, availability and security benchmarks.
- CI/CD and Automation expert: Lead the setup and optimisation of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment processes and developing automated test protocols.
- Enhanced Monitoring and Alerting: Develop and deploy automated monitoring and alerting systems for immediate incident response and system stability assurance.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a DevOps role, with significant focus on CI/CD process management, building test and release automation.
- Extensive hands-on experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment methodologies, automation, and tools.
- Deep knowledge of cloud services (AWS, Azure, or GCP) and experience with provisioning tools like Terraform or CloudFormation.
- Proficiency in PHP, Node, NextJS, and MySQL and in scripting languages such as Shell, Python, Ruby, or Perl an understanding of coding for automation.
- Good understanding of networking protocols and standards (e.g. TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, SSL/TLS).
- Hands-on experience with configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef, or Puppet.
- Experience with containerisation and orchestration tools, including Docker and Kubernetes.
- Proven track record of mentoring and coaching team members.
- Expertise in delivering end-to-end ELK solutions.
- Experience working in an Agile Software Development and Management environment.
- Possession of industry-relevant certifications (like AWS Certified DevOps Engineer or Certified Kubernetes Administrator) would be a significant plus.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics or a related technical discipline.
By joining Privilee, you will be part of a passionate, dedicated and dynamic team; who are determined to create the ultimate lifestyle offering. Collaboration and the sharing of ideas is supported and empowered, contributing to our positive company culture. We care about people and want to support their personal and career growth. We consider success as being motivated and eager to come to work every day.
With an inspiring office environment located in JLT, Privilee is the ultimate place to work. We offer amazing perks, from a competitive salary, comprehensive insurance, flexibility, an in-house chef who provides complimentary breakfast and lunch, plus a Privilee membership so you can experience the product first-hand.
See all our current openings